Find your place in the music industry with LPD Music!
Why Work at LPD Music?
Don’t worry, this LPD won’t arrest you for excessive noise violations. Founded in 1963, LPD Music International distributes musical instruments, sound equipment, and accessories through authorized retailers, wholesalers, and pro audio contractors. Our 40,000 sq.ft. warehouse stores a wide range of musical products, ranging from harmonicas to band instruments, drum sets and guitars.
LPD Music Full Time Employment Benefits
- Merchandise Discounts
- Employee Events
- Paid Holiday
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Vacation/Paid time off
- Paid sick days
SELL WHOLESALE MUSIC EQUIPMENT & PRO AUDIO GEAR TO MUSIC RETAIL STORES
- Maintain, build and expand on current existing territory.
- Maintain and increase overall sales volume.
- Utilize confident phone sales abilities to call on a current established territory of nationwide music retailers, and to reactivate/develop new business from our database of thousands of music dealers as well as online search engines.
- Selling products in-house from our catalog/website to music retailers, over the phone.
- Must be an effective communicator.
- Should be able to get along easily with a wide variety of people.
- Have an enthusiastic, confident, assertive self-motivated personality.
- Take Charge personality needed, to build upon and expand current territory base.
- Ability to set personal goals and have the drive to meet them.
- Must be extremely confident in your own sales abilities.
- Should enjoy working on a variety of different tasks at a relatively faster than average pace.
- Must make a minimum of 40 outbound sales calls daily; to a mix of both current and prospective dealers (from our rather large customer database).
- Ability to think quickly on your feet, responding to any dealer rebuttals, suggestive selling or offering replacement items if we are ever out of stock.
- Willingness to learn and continuously grow and improve your sales abilities.
- Passion for selling!
- B.S. or B.A. Degree – coursework in Business, Sales or Marketing preferred; not required.
- Strong computer/data entry skills for entering your own orders.
- 1-2 years prior sales or customer service experience preferred.
Establish a career in the music industry, selling fun products in an upbeat atmosphere that rewards success! Join our team and enjoy these benefits:
- Guaranteed base salary + commission + bonus incentives with unlimited growth potential.
- Cash sales incentive and spiff programs offered throughout the year.
- Group Medical and Dental insurance available with employer contributions.
- Paid Vacation and Personal time off, in addition to 6 major Holidays.
- 401K retirement savings plan, with employer matching contribution.
- Employee purchase discounts on music gear.
We are seeking an organized, detail oriented, analytical assistant, with a friendly, upbeat and professional demeanor. Will provide high quality accurate support work for general office, sales team & purchasing manager. Must like interacting with a wide variety of people and have the ability to multi-task successfully. We are on the Northern side of Madison Heights, bordering Troy.
- Help take customer calls.
- Enter outside rep sales, key account and e-commerce orders.
- Print sales orders.
- Perform general office data entry as needed.
- Support management and outside sales representatives.
- Run weekly sales reports.
- Run bi-weekly inventory reports.
- Assist buyer in getting estimated time of delivery of purchase orders and updating any price changes.
- Updating customer contact information in our computer system.
- Download and respond to general company email inbox.
- Update company calendar and track important dates.
- Process and sort mail daily.
- Assist with customer and vendor return processes.
- Miscellaneous tasks on special projects as needed.
JOB REQUIREMENTS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Professional office experience.
- Phone work or customer service experience.
- High school diploma or equivalent, however, B.A. or B.S. preferred.
- Excellent attention to detail, must be highly accurate.
- Excellent phone communication skills.
- Neat handwriting.
- Strong data entry and word processing skills, being accurate and quick.
- Excellent grammar and punctuation.
- Gets along with a wide variety of people.
- Strong ability to follow up and follow through of all assignments.
- Strong organizational & prioritizing skills.
- Ability to multi-task at relatively fast pace.
We provide very detailed training and offer the following BENEFITS:
- Company sponsored medical plan with employer contribution.
- Company sponsored discounted dental plan.
- Paid time off for Vacation, Personal Days and 6 Major Holidays.
- Company sponsored 401K Retirement Savings Plan with employer contributions.
- Employee discount purchase program available.
No positions currently available